Issue Licenses to Provide Telecommunication Services

Service Description

TDRA is the legal entity responsible for issuing licenses under the Telecommunications Law. According to the Law, operating a public telecommunications network or providing subscribers with telecommunication services and all other types of activities determined by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provisions of the Law requires obtaining a license from TDRA. The service also includes existing licensees who want to renew, amend or cancel their telecom services license.

Service Steps
  • 1 Step 1

    Fill-in the licensing application

  • 2 Step 2

    Provide all the requirements If you wish to provide satellite services, please provide us with a no-objection letter from the UAE Space Agency

  • 3 Step 3

    Pay the service fees

  • 4 Step 4

    TDRA will review the licensing application

  • 5 Step 5

    Receive the license

Expected Time

Not possible to specify due to other entities' approvals


AED 10,000 

Target Audience


Service Channels

Mobile Application

TDRA Website

Service Conditions

The entity is considered eligible to apply for the service if the entity is:

-              A company incorporated under the Commercial Companies Law, and pursuant to Article 28 of the Telecommunications Law; It must be an entity approved by the Board of Directors for the purposes of obtaining a license

-              A company whose shareholders comply with the resolution approving the licensing of the relevant regulated activity

-              Unless the Board of Directors agrees otherwise, the percentage of foreign shareholders in the concerned entity shall not exceed 49%, while one or more national partners own the remaining 51%.

Complication Level


Service Package


Service outcome

License Telecommunications Services

Linkage to Other Services


Required Documents

  • An applicant shall submit the following information to TDRA:
  • Proof of fulfilment of the eligibility criteria for awarding the License
  • Certified true copies of its memoranda and articles of association
  • Details of shareholding structure including information of any telecommunication license held by any of the shareholders, whether in the UAE or elsewhere
  • Details of management team including qualifications and experience in the telecommunication field in the UAE and, if any, in other jurisdictions

-              Business plan including but not limited to:

-          Type(s) of networks to be operated and services to be provided;

-          roll out plan for network and services including network diagrams and relevant technical details;

-          whether spectrum or numbers is/are required for the service and if so, details of the requirements;

-          funding proposal;

  • Benefits to the UAE economy of the proposal.
  • Any other information supporting the application.

Last updated :

24/10/2023 00:06

Load Time:


Number of visitors: