This service involves registering and approving telecom equipment in the UAE through submitting the required information and documents in the Type Approval System.
The service requirements vary based on the scheme of the registered device. Moreover, the device types are specified for each scheme
To view FAQ, Click here
To view technical standards, Click here
To view equipment schemes, Click here
Log in using your UAEPass account.
Fill-in and submit online application form.
Pay application fees.
Review application by TDRA
Provide a sample for scheme 3 or if requested by TDRA for other schemes
Pay test fees if applicable
Pay certification fees
Get Telecom Equipment Registration Certificate
(1) working day for scheme 1 , (5) working days for scheme 2 , (10 ) working days for scheme 3
Application Review: 500 AED
Issuing Certificate: 200 AED
Testing depends on the device type:
• Emergency Broadcast Test 2100 AED
• Amateur, small boat & PMR Test 1400 AED
• Wi-Fi 8100 AED
• Mobile Phone (3G) 2600 AED
• Mobile Phone (4G) 2600 AED
• Bluetooth 2700 AED
• PePerformance (IOP) 2100 AED
• eCall 6100 AED
• ISM band & SRD/LPD 1400 AED
Valid Register as Telecommunications equipment Dealer - TDRA
1. Official technical datasheet for all levels.
2. Test report for Radio, Electromagnetic field standards, Safety standards issued by a recognized test lab (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC).
3. International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) Certificate for all mobile devices .
4. Providing samples
• One sample for the following equipment type:
o Wireless LANs (WLANs) or Wi-Fi
o Analogue Private Mobile Radio (PMR) Equipment
o Maritime services radio
o Amateur Radio
• Two samples for the following equipment type: :
o Mobile phone
Last updated :